The company marks its entry into offshore drilling rigs and drilling related services when it takes delivery of its very first Tender Assisted Drilling Rig in February 2010. Kencana Marine Drilling Sdn Bhd (KMD), a subsidiary of KPV, based in Kuala Lumpur is established to run her operations.
KMD becomes Malaysia's first company to build, own and operates Tender Assisted Drilling Rig (TADR), the KM-1.
The rig comprises of a Self-Erecting Tender Rig and a Derrick Equipment Set and was fabricated and built at the Kencana Fabrication Yard in Lumut, Perak.
The completion ceremony of KM-1 was held on the 15th August 2010 and she went to sail on the 2nd September 2010.
The unit is designed for operations in Southeast Asia and also areas that have similar criteria.
Click image for more pictures
- Design: Self Erecting Tender Rig and Derrick Equipment Set
- Builder: Kencana, Malaysia
- Class: ABS + A1 Barge
- Drilling Capacity: 7.620m (25,000 ft) w/5-7/8”DP
- Max Water Depth: 244m (800 ft)
- Min Water Depth: 9m (30ft)
- Accommodation: 145 persons